Black Bean Burgers
A batch of these Black Bean Burgers is always in my freezer. That way I always have a tasty and filling meal at the ready. I’m especially fond of these in a pita pocket with some roasted veggies. You’ll need a food processor to make these. I’ve tried them in a blender and it just doesn’t work.
- 1 cup raw red beet, grated
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cup cooked black beans, (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Savory Spice Mix
- Grate the red beet and set aside. A hand grater will create a finer texture than the food processor attachment.
- Place the oats and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until mostly smooth, adding water as needed 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in the grated red beets.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spoon burgers onto the tray using a ⅓ cup measure and form into patties. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Makes 8 burgers.