Classes and Coaching
Are you tired of overeating? Do you often feel like the food is in control?
This course is for anyone who’s food choices often lead to feelings of frustration, shame or anger — regardless of whether or not you feel like you need to lose weight.
Eating is pleasurable, if it wasn’t we wouldn’t be here. We have more pleasurable food available to us than ever before. And it’s killing us.
This program will give you the tools and information you need to take control of your food choices.
You’ll gain insight into the many factors that influence food choices, from you as an individual to the systemic/cultural reasons.
In addition, we’ll focus on finding ways to avoid eating more than we intended and introduce some science-backed habit change strategies.
First, we’ll address the problem
- The basic neuroscience of how food interacts with the pleasure centers of our brains
- How the foods we eat influence dopamine production and why it drives us to eat more than we want
- Why food that’s bad for you tastes so good
- How food companies manipulate us to eat more than we want
- Why diets, moderation and portion control don’t work in the long-term
Then we’ll look at a solution
- The science of habit change
- How a mindfulness practice can help you take control of your food choices
- The basics of mindfulness: How to get started
- Incorporating a mindfulness practice into daily life and eating habits
- Eating guidelines that make sense
What you’ll get
- Videos released every week.
- Each week will have two or three 10-15 minute videos that you can watch at your convenience. You’ll have unlimited life-time access to these videos
- Three one hour-long classes on Zoom
- We’ll get together once a week for small group discussion, guided meditations, and Q and A.
- Access to a library of guided meditations
How it works
Registration is closed now, follow the registration link and we’ll let you know when the next class is running.
We will have 3 live workshops together. You’ll receive materials, videos and pdf resources, a week prior to each class so you’ll have plenty of time to go over all the resources before we meet.
My unique perspective
This class was born out of my life-long struggle with food. I’ve spent the past 12 years searching for an answer. What I found was far more complex than going on a diet or exercising daily or practicing portion control. By understanding how the addictive process was working inside me and by applying the mindfulness that I’d been practicing for years, I was able to stop overeating, lose weight and keep it off.
If you want to be in control of what and how much you eat, then you’re invited to join this class.
Special Early Bird Price Through December 31st
Regular price January 1st – 5th
What if I can’t make one of the Zoom classes?
An edited recording of the Zoom class will be available.
How do I access the course materials after it has ended?
All the written materials will be sent to you in a shared Google Doc. You can easily make a copy of it for yourself. The videos will be published on YouTube as unlisted. So you will need the link in order to access them. All the appropriate links will be in the Google Doc.
What if I don’t have time to listen to the videos before class?
It won’t be too much of a problem. You’ll definitely get more out of the class if you do, but you can still learn by coming to class.
Is there a refund policy?
You may request a full refund until December 5, 2022. After that no refunds will be available. If for some reason you are dissatisfied feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to accommodate you.
What Past Participants Have Said
A brief but comprehensive introduction to mindful eating – A good way to get started.
Lori C. Massachusetts
Karen presented strategies during her course that were very practical and easy to apply. She also provides a wealth of evidence based material to support the lectures. I am looking forward to making the suggested changes to slowly but effectively break the cycle of food addiction.
Margarita M. Massachusetts
Karen’s understanding of what really works for weight management and her approach that honors each person’s unique journey makes her the perfect coach for those who want to finally break free from being controlled by food.
Karen P. New York
Put yourself in the driver’s seat when it comes to your food choices
- Stop saying “I’ll do better tomorrow
- Make permanent changes in your life and eating habits
- One thing I promise I won’t do is shove a diet or food rules at you. I’ll help you figure that out for yourself. I truly believe to make lasting change you need to own your food choices.
Let’s talk — No salesy gimmicks — Just heartfelt conversation